Most people think that a bodybuilding diet is limiting, but that can’t be further from the truth. Bodybuilding requires the highest level of attention to what you eat, how much, and how frequently. However, a bodybuilding diet can be fun and flavorful to eat with the right ingredients and a little effort. We rounded up some of the best bodybuilding recipes that you can easily prepare right at home.
Top Bodybuilding Recipes to Make at Home
Fuel your body with lean proteins and delicious meals that take less than 25 minutes to make! Check out three of our favorite recipes for building muscle and maintaining a well-balanced diet.
Superpower Trout Almandine
Yield: 2 servings
- (2) 4-ounce trout fillets
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¾ teaspoon light butter spread
- ¼ lemon
- 1/8 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- Braise the trout in white wine until the fillets are opaque and firm to the touch.
- Remove the trout and drain any fat.
- In the skillet, add butter, lemon juice, and silvered almonds until lightly browned.
- Mix in chopped parsley and pour the almond mixture over the trout fillets.
- Serve immediately.
Quick Challenge Chili
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1-ounce kidney beans, canned
- 1 can chickpeas, canned and drained
- (1) 15-ounce can corn
- (1) 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 6 fluid ounces water
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet until it’s no longer pink. Drain any fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients after rinsing and draining the beans, chickpeas, and corn.
- Stir to ensure equal distribution.
- Cover and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm and refrigerate any leftovers.
Sausage, Apple, and Thyme Breakfast Pizza
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup smoked gouda, shredded
- 1 chicken apple sausage link, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a pizza stone or baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake the pizza dough for 10 minutes and remove it from the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk the low-fat mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper together to make the Dijon mustard sauce.
- Heat a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat and spray it generously with cooking spray.
- Add in the thinly sliced onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté for about four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the thinly sliced apple and sauté until the apple has softened slightly and the onions are slightly golden.
- Transfer the cooked onion and apple from the pan to a plate and set aside.
- Spray the same skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared skillet and scramble the eggs until they’re set, about three minutes.
- Spread the Dijon mustard sauce over the baked pizza dough.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the baked pizza dough.
- Spread the scrambled eggs, apple and onion mixture, sliced sausage, and the remaining cheese.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional six to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle with fresh, chopped thyme.